Kapitanivsky Sugar Plant was built in 1846 and belonged to Count Alexey Alekseevich Bobrinsky.
The production was headed and conducted by hired engineers from Germany.
The factory is located in the village Kapitanivka, former Chyhyryn district of Kyiv province. The location has a favorable geographical position for the supply of sugar raw materials to the factory.
In the beginning beets were processed manually. Even a bone factory was built near the plant to filter juice through coal.
- Since 1861 the production has been improved. In 1864-1865 the factory worked 155 days and processed 74400 beets (12400 tons).
- In 1865-1866 650 acres of beets were sown. The factory employed 750 workers and processed 35520 beets (5918 tons).
- In 1900, 1138 people worked in the production, 5000 tons of sugar were produced during the season. The director of the plant at that time was a German engineer Henrichson (including 1917).
- The first reconstruction of the plant was carried out from 1907 to 1911.
- In 1913 the railway tracks were brought to the plant.
- The capacity of the plant in 1941 was brought to 800 tons of beets per day.
During the war, the plant was not evacuated; it worked all seasons, but with a small volume of harvested beets.
- In 1945 the average daily capacity of beet processing was 640 tons.
- In 1946, a large amount of earthworks was carried out to construct an additional pond of clean water in the neighboring village Tyshkivka.
- From 1945 to 1954, during the repair period, works were constantly carried out to expand the bottlenecks at the plant. As a result the daily capacity was brought to 1040 tons of beets.
- From 1955 to 1959, a power plant with a capacity of 350 kW and a chemical water treatment plant were built. Also a 7 km long pipeline for water supply to the plant from Turiya village was installed. Two fuel oil tanks were built and the boiler house was transferred to liquid fuel - fuel oil. The daily capacity of the plant was brought to 1180 tons of beets.
- In 1965, an underground gallery of packed sugar was built in the sugar warehouse. The evaporating station was reconstructed into 4 buildings with a concentrator. The combustion of furnace oil in CHP boilers was automated.
- In 1966 the daily production capacity was increased to 1400 tons of beets.
- In 1970 the sugar drying department was reconstructed. The production capacity of the plant was brought up to 1450 tons of beets per day.
- From 1971 to 1974, works were carried out in the CHP plant to replace the steam boiler with DKVR-10/23 370 ° C. A mechanized line for mine preparation and gas furnace loading was installed. The construction of a new beet processing department was started with the installation of a column diffusion unit KDA-25, a pulp gallery 437 meters long, which was put into operation in 1975.
The production capacity of the plant was increased to 2500 tons of beets per day, and the product capacity was only 1500 tons of beets per day.
- In 1986 a new limestone kiln with a volume of 100m3 was put into operation.
- In 1987, the construction of a washing department with a capacity of 3000 tons of beets per day was started and put into operation in 1989.
- In 1990 the diffusion unit DS -12 was installed and put into operation. In the same year two new beet elevators EDS - 700 and three centrifugal beet cutters for 16 frames were installed.
- On October 8, 1997, the natural gas flare was lit; the CHPP was switched to gas.
- Since 2002 and up to the present time, every year the plant carried out works on replacement and modernization of the equipment.
- In 2014, the daily capacity of the plant was 3200 tons of beets per day.
- In 2016, a new pulp press complex was built, with the installation of a pulp press TM-3000 of the Mercier brand and a pulp trap of the PFT Company. Also BMA K3300 centrifuges in the amount of 2 pcs for pounding the second and third products were installed.
- In 2017 - installation of the second pulp press TM-3000 of the Mercier brand and centrifuges BMA E-1390 in the amount of 2 pcs.
The average daily capacity of the plant was more than 4000 tons of beets.
- In 2018, another centrifuge BMA E-1390 was installed.
- In 2022, the juice suspension de-sugaring station of the first saturation was modernized with the installation of two chamber filter presses XAZFS 240/1500-UK.